The mathematics of Christmas
Peter J Ross
2004-12-25 05:40:57 UTC
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....

2. Nc3 (Kt-QB3 as we old folks call it)

alt.fan.trippy and alt.fan.pjr added.

PJ "It's not as much fun as slapping kooks around, but it's close" R :-)
--
alt.hackers.malicious Wittiest Troll of the Year, 2003 & 2004
alt.usenet.kooks award-winners and FAQ:
[To reply by email, remove "NOSPAM".]
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-25 17:39:57 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
Post by Peter J Ross
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
Post by Peter J Ross
alt.fan.trippy and alt.fan.pjr added.
All hale the post count!
Post by Peter J Ross
PJ "It's not as much fun as slapping kooks around, but it's close" R :-)
Indeed.
--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM
The Aspergum Kid
What are you two gibbering about?
Peter J Ross
2004-12-26 21:17:13 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
So far I'm doing this in my head. I think the Chess set is under the
bed with the Shogi set and the weight-training stuff I've never used.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!

3. e4

(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)

(or maybe it's just a stupid move.)
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
alt.fan.trippy and alt.fan.pjr added.
All hale the post count!
Dunno about your group, but mine needs help. Frank.b seems to be the
only one who remembers to xpost there.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
PJ "It's not as much fun as slapping kooks around, but it's close" R :-)
Indeed.
Isn't it about time the kooks put either you or me on a fake KotM
ballot again? We're tied at one fake ballot each, and there ought to
be only one winnah!

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-27 00:59:58 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
So far I'm doing this in my head. I think the Chess set is under the
bed with the Shogi set and the weight-training stuff I've never used.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.

Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
Post by Peter J Ross
(or maybe it's just a stupid move.)
Got me. Guess we'll find out.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
alt.fan.trippy and alt.fan.pjr added.
All hale the post count!
Dunno about your group, but mine needs help. Frank.b seems to be the
only one who remembers to xpost there.
Mine's soooooo flatlined.

alt.trippy added.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
PJ "It's not as much fun as slapping kooks around, but it's close" R :-)
Indeed.
Isn't it about time the kooks put either you or me on a fake KotM
ballot again?
I thought the enthusiasm from the last time would cover me for a couple
of months yet.
Post by Peter J Ross
We're tied at one fake ballot each, and there ought to
be only one winnah!
lol sooooooo competitive.
Cujo DeSockpuppet
2004-12-27 01:20:27 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
words...
On Friday 24 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
bundle of words...
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is
mathematically impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your
former present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey
trading cards, didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
So far I'm doing this in my head. I think the Chess set is under the
bed with the Shogi set and the weight-training stuff I've never used.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.
Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
is leave a hole at d4. Perhaps this is it:

e4 e5
nc3 nf6
bc4 nxe4
qh4 g6
qf3 nd6
nb5 f5
qd5 qe7
nxc7 kd8
nxr b6

I'm doing it in my head too, so I may have transposed a move.

HTH!
--
Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in
dfw.*, alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych.
"What Ego Problem?" Wollmann further deludes himself.
Peter J Ross
2004-12-27 02:01:12 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
[...]
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.
Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.

SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared. We're
not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!

1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
nc3 nf6
bc4 nxe4
qh4
ITYM Qh5
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
g6
qf3 nd6
nb5 f5
qd5 qe7
nxc7 kd8
nxr b6
I'm doing it in my head too, so I may have transposed a move.
HTH!
That's far out. What are you on?

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-27 03:15:40 UTC
In article <***@nntp.petitmorte.net>, Peter J Ross
(***@NOSPAMmeow.org) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
Peter J Ross
2004-12-28 17:37:19 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-28 23:09:13 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
rut-roh!
Peter J Ross
2004-12-29 00:32:02 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
rut-roh!
All your pawn are belong to me!!!!!!!

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-29 04:24:30 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
rut-roh!
All your pawn are belong to me!!!!!!!
I have no chance to survive. Make my time!
Peter J Ross
2004-12-30 09:19:25 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
No, I saw it all on TV. 1984 World Championship, IIRC.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-30 20:43:09 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
No, I saw it all on TV. 1984 World Championship, IIRC.
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
We're not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
Aratzio
2004-12-30 20:55:08 UTC
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:43:09 -0600, Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
No, I saw it all on TV. 1984 World Championship, IIRC.
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
I was over there for a time some years ago. Top rated shows on BBC was
some guys playing Snooker and some woman doing gardening. I may be
over there in the fall and I am hoping that things are a bit more
interesting on the *telly*.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
7. Bg2 b5
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-30 23:03:32 UTC
Post by Aratzio
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:43:09 -0600, Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
[...]
According to Rocky in the flonk, they had 'Oz' on recently. So pray for
HBO, I guess.
Peter J Ross
2004-12-31 09:25:33 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
No, I saw it all on TV. 1984 World Championship, IIRC.
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.

Tidied up:

1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2005-01-02 22:04:16 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
(Snip)
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
me
cujo
peter
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above does
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared.
moowahaha!
IKYABWAI?
Hardly, just an interjection of PURE CHESS EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL !!!!
The only PURE CHESS EVIL is named FLORENCIO CAMPOMANES (may he die in
great agony).
You, you with your damned reading and all...
No, I saw it all on TV. 1984 World Championship, IIRC.
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
Post by Peter J Ross
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
Oh yeah, we're playing a game and stuff. Apologies.
Peter J Ross
2005-01-03 00:27:03 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Oh yeah, we're playing a game and stuff. Apologies.
You should be taking it more seriously.

Btw, the first one to make a capture's a pussy!

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2005-01-03 02:57:06 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Chess pr0n. Heh.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Oh yeah, we're playing a game and stuff. Apologies.
You should be taking it more seriously.
I have now chopped off one of my fingers in atonement.
Post by Peter J Ross
Btw, the first one to make a capture's a pussy!
Apparently.
Peter J Ross
2005-01-05 02:39:06 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Chess pr0n. Heh.
There's no way a word like "pawns" would get through my filters.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
10. d4

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2005-01-07 05:19:14 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Chess pr0n. Heh.
There's no way a word like "pawns" would get through my filters.
I said I wanted to make my pawn a queen and I got taken to the red light
district!
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
10. d4 pxd4
Guess I'm the pussy.
Peter J Ross
2005-01-09 20:47:20 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Chess pr0n. Heh.
There's no way a word like "pawns" would get through my filters.
I said I wanted to make my pawn a queen and I got taken to the red light
district!
I have worse problems than that. My Queen keeps gobbling Bishops!

Tidied again; notation corrected.

1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
10. d4 exd4
11. Nxd4
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Guess I'm the pussy.
CotM nomination accepted!

PJR :-)

Starshine Moonbeam
2005-01-09 23:34:47 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
[...]
11. Nxd4 Bxd4
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Guess I'm the pussy.
CotM nomination accepted!
D'oh!!
Peter J Ross
2005-01-10 00:14:53 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
[...]
12. Qxd4

(that was a no-brainer; ... Qb6 was what I was scared of)
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Guess I'm the pussy.
CotM nomination accepted!
D'oh!!
Vote early, vote often, vote TRIPPY!!!!!1!!!

PJR :-)

Starshine Moonbeam
2005-01-10 03:02:40 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
They televise Chess over there? Must've been running short on skin
flicks and 'fawlty towers'. :P
They used to. Even my mother watched it, but I suspect it was because
she fancied Viktor Korchnoi.
Your m0m and K0rchn0i in a |-|0t w3t 69!
You have no proof. The negatives were burned.
Chess pr0n. Heh.
There's no way a word like "pawns" would get through my filters.
I said I wanted to make my pawn a queen and I got taken to the red light
district!
I have worse problems than that. My Queen keeps gobbling Bishops!
My bishop's keep gobbling pawns!
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Tidied again; notation corrected.
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
10. d4 exd4
11. Nxd4 Bxd4
12. Qxd4 Qc7
(that was a no-brainer; ... Qb6 was what I was scared of)
Thought about it.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Guess I'm the pussy.
CotM nomination accepted!
D'oh!!
Vote early, vote often, vote TRIPPY!!!!!1!!!
Because if you don't terrorism wins.
Peter J Ross
2005-01-10 04:30:37 UTC
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Tidied again; notation corrected.
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3 c6
5. Bg5 d6
6. g3 a6
7. Bg2 b5
8. b3 Be6
9. Nf3 Nbd7
10. d4 exd4
11. Nxd4 Bxd4
12. Qxd4 Qc7
13. Rd1
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Guess I'm the pussy.
CotM nomination accepted!
D'oh!!
Vote early, vote often, vote TRIPPY!!!!!1!!!
Because if you don't terrorism wins.
Jawohl!

PJR :-)

Cujo DeSockpuppet
2004-12-27 05:03:59 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
words...
On Friday 24 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
+5 bundle of words...
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is
mathematically impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on
your former present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey
trading cards, didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
So far I'm doing this in my head. I think the Chess set is under
the bed with the Shogi set and the weight-training stuff I've never
used.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.
Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
I was going off something where it was claimed a series of 8 forcing
moves. I had to consider that the person might have meant 1. e4. This is
the only thing I can think of that's close to it from move three.
Post by Peter J Ross
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared. We're
not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3
The bishop move isn't weird unless you're not planning to play nc6.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
nc3 nf6
bc4 nxe4
qh4
ITYM Qh5
Right.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
g6
qf3 nd6
nb5 f5
qd5 qe7
nxc7 kd8
nxr b6
I'm doing it in my head too, so I may have transposed a move.
HTH!
That's far out. What are you on?
Reality. It's a known opening but mostly used at postal level, not OTB
play.
--
Cujo - The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in
dfw.*, alt.paranormal, alt.astrology and alt.astrology.metapsych.
Winner of the 8/2000 & 2/2003 HL&S award. Hail Petitmorte!
Colonel of the Fanatic Legion. FL# 555-PLNTY Motto: ABUNDANCE!.
Charter Member - Digital Brownshirts and Library Gestapo.
"You have trouble dealing with reality I see. You are one sick puppy."
- Edmond Wollkook shattering Irony Meters worldwide.
Peter J Ross
2004-12-28 18:15:33 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
On Saturday 25 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
words...
On Friday 24 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
+5 bundle of words...
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is
mathematically impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on
your former present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey
trading cards, didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
Hmmm is right.
So far I'm doing this in my head. I think the Chess set is under
the bed with the Shogi set and the weight-training stuff I've never
used.
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.
Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening. All the above
e4 e5
Nope. That definitivally ain't teh English Opening.
I was going off something where it was claimed a series of 8 forcing
moves. I had to consider that the person might have meant 1. e4. This is
the only thing I can think of that's close to it from move three.
Ugh. Sorry, it's the Vienna Gsme, not the English Opening.

1. e4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. Bc4 Nxe4
4. Nxe4 d4

etc.

The next few moves IIRC involve threats against f7, and thus any
continuation other than the correct one is a loss for black. The
correct continuation results in an endgame that Black can draw quite
easily with exact play, but I can't remember it.

Btw:
<iraqi info minister>
There is no hole at d4!
</iraqi info minister>
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Peter J Ross
SM's weird Bishop move is *so* weird that I almost feel scared. We're
not in Giuoco Piano Land any more, Toto!
1. c4 e5
2. Nc3 Nf6
3. e4 Bc5
4. d3
The bishop move isn't weird unless you're not planning to play nc6.
Trippy has played c6, and is therefore obviously not planning to play
Nc6 any time soon. I've played Bg5 in the hope of demonstrating that
either b4 or e7 would be a more sensible square for his King's Bishop.
But it's too soon to tell.
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
nc3 nf6
bc4 nxe4
qh4
ITYM Qh5
Right.
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
g6
qf3 nd6
nb5 f5
qd5 qe7
nxc7 kd8
nxr b6
I'm doing it in my head too, so I may have transposed a move.
HTH!
That's far out. What are you on?
Reality. It's a known opening but mostly used at postal level, not OTB
play.
I was speaking admiringly.

In postal chess, the more complications the better. In OTB play, I
prefer to simplify if I can, since I'm better at endings than at
openings or the middle game.

PJR :-)
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-27 03:15:38 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
[...]
Post by Starshine Moonbeam
2. Nc3 Nf6
HA!
BWA!
HABWA!
Post by Peter J Ross
3. e4 Bc5
(IIRC there's a forcing continuation that lasts about eight moves.)
Not anymore.
Nice intimidation attempt though. I like that.
He's probably thinking of a whole different opening.
That'd be cool.
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
All the above does
e4 e5
nc3 nf6
bc4 nxe4
Nope, he's playing the English opening.
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
qh4 g6
qf3 nd6
nb5 f5
qd5 qe7
nxc7 kd8
nxr b6
I'm doing it in my head too, so I may have transposed a move.
Openings can mutate like a mother. It's hard to keep track of.
mariposas morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
2004-12-26 01:16:12 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
2. Nc3 (Kt-QB3 as we old folks call it)
i ran this through rot13 but it didnt help

arf meow arf

cthulu loves you
he loves the little children
with ketchup please
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-27 03:48:14 UTC
In article <mair_fheal-***@corp.supernews.com>,
Post by mariposas morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
Post by Peter J Ross
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
2. Nc3 (Kt-QB3 as we old folks call it)
i ran this through rot13 but it didnt help
Heh. Did it happen to tell you how to checkmate PJR in like 3 or 4
moves?
2004-12-27 04:55:21 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
On Friday 24 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
2. Nc3 (Kt-QB3 as we old folks call it)
i ran this through rot13 but it didnt help
Heh. Did it happen to tell you how to checkmate PJR in like 3 or 4
moves?
move me on to any black square
use me anytime you want

yours is no disgrace

with ketchup please
Starshine Moonbeam
2004-12-27 05:48:09 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
On Friday 24 December, Starshine Moonbeam wrote in
Ebeneezer
words...
Santa Claus violates many laws of physics and is mathematically
impossible. HTH.
You're getting Saran Wrap for Christmas now. Dibs on your former
present.
You really *wanted* that complete set of 1920s hockey trading
cards,
didn't you?
Actually, hell yeah I would.
DIBS~!
1. P-QB4 [or c4, if you prefer]
I would prefer c4, actually.
1. c4 e5
Hmmmm....
2. Nc3 (Kt-QB3 as we old folks call it)
i ran this through rot13 but it didnt help
Heh. Did it happen to tell you how to checkmate PJR in like 3 or 4
moves?
move me on to any black square
use me anytime you want
You are so sweet.
Post by mariposas morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
yours is no disgrace
Hey! I haven't lost *yet*.